Saturday, April 25, 2020

Playing with my food


Julianne showed me a picture this morning on Pinterest that piqued my interest...focaccia decorated with vegetable "flowers".  It was so pretty and, hey, I'm a bread baker so it didn't seem too out of reach.  

I suggested the girls and I could do it together since we're still under our stay home order and it would be a break in the regular routine.

I mixed up the dough and started cutting up some veggies we had on hand.  Allison went foraging outside and returned with chives, parsley, chickweed, and dandelion leaves.  Julianne put together a pot of cabbage soup to make the bread into a lunch.

We worked together to lay out our design on a cutting board while the dough was rising.  It made the final placement pretty straightforward.  I brushed the dough with garlic-infused olive oil and we transferred our garden from cutting board to dough.  We oohed and aahed over our creation (a necessary step!), then snapped some pics.

Here it is before baking:


After baking:


We had a lot of fun and a delicious lunch in the end. #Winning!

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!