Monday, July 23, 2012

Family Camp 2012

We decided a few months ago not to camp this year at Family Camp.  On the heels of our trip to Seattle, I wasn't sure I'd be up for getting the trailer ready when we got home.  Besides, I drive home every day or two anyhow, so I figured we'd just sleep at home and drive out each day for the activities we wanted to attend.

Our granddaughter, Leta, loves going to Family Camp and was actually a little disappointed not to be camping there.  Still, she had a great time, other than getting up early enough to leave the house by 8:30 to be on time for day camp.



The camp worked on a bell choir with the kids and did a couple songs one night for the service.  Leta really liked the bells.

I guess next year we'll have to figure out a way to camp again.  Quiz nationals will run right up to Family camp so I'm thinking we may have to take our trailer out early and get set up because Leta really missed camping this year.

All the driving back and forth reminded me of why we bought a trailer in the first place.  Allison said she didn't think she visited as many people as usual.  Julianne agreed, but really enjoyed sleeping in her own bed, in the air conditioning, rather than tenting behind our trailer.  I can't say I blame her.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!