Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summer recipe swap

My dsil Kathy is hosting an exchange of quick, easy summer recipes. This one immediately came to mind.
Greek Isles Pasta

Put some water on to boil and cook your pasta. Meanwhile, dice up the tomatoes. Julienne the fresh basil if you have it. I often don't have it so I replace it with dried. I crush the dried in my hands over the bowl. The juice from the tomatoes helps re-hydrate the basil. It works for me.
Crumble some feta into the bowl. I'm real precise about measuring, ya know. ;-)
When the pasta is done, toss it with the other ingredients. Sprinkle on some black pepper to taste. Wonderful served warm or refrigerated and served later as a pasta salad.
Greek Isles Pasta
12 ounces pasta, uncooked
1-2 tablespoons olive oil (optional-I never use it anymore)
6 ounces Feta cheese
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup basil, fresh, julienne-cut (or I use a couple tablespoons of dried)
ground black pepper


COOK pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to pan; toss with oil.
TOSS with cheese, tomatoes and basil. Season to taste with pepper.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Yum-O! This sounds delicious, and since I know first hand what a great cook you are,I can assure everyone this will be just as delicious as it looks:>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so easy and delicious. And, I just happen to have a basil plant in my sunroom. We love pasta salads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again Karen, I LOVE Greek food & will make this often!!!...Thanks again!...Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmmm--- looks delicious and since I planted a lot of cherry and grape tomato plants that will be full of fruit soon I will save this recipe to make then

    Thnaks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!