Friday, February 18, 2011

February Quiz

Last Saturday, the girls' quiz was held at Earl and Kathy's church-which is less than an hour away for us, making it the closest quiz (read: we can sleep later) of the year.



Allison's team took first place. They had an additional teammate until lunchtime, when his family left for vacation, so although the afternoon rounds were more challenging, the girls managed to maintain their undefeated record.



Julianne's team lost a teammate at lunch, too, but it didn't have as much impact since only three players can quiz at one time. They also brought home a first place trophy.

In individual competition, Julianne took third place and Allison had to go into overtime, as she was tied for third. She ended up fourth.

We enjoyed supporting the quizzers at Earl and Kathy's church by purchasing some of the mocha brownie bites they donated. They were fantastic! (But you didn't hear that from me-Earl and I have a years-old competition over who makes the best brownies. My girls obediently sweetly told me that his were good, but not as good as mine. Have I mentioned before how smart my girls are?)

Earl and Kathy invited us over for dinner following the quiz and we enjoyed a relaxing dinner and a couple hours of catching up with them and my mom. We don't get together often enough and it was so enjoyable to spend the evening with each other. Good times.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. I think we all know who's brownies are best Karen, nuff said. Lol;>)
    We had such a great time with everyone, and we are so proud of our girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Girls! You are awesome!

    As for brownies...Emily makes some awesome brownies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for brownies... I like cookies ~:>

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!! Wish I could have been there :) love, victoria (I'll see you in April!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could there be a bad brownie?

    I offer to sacrifice myself and be the judge for all of your brownies if you like....lol.

    High Fiving Julianne and Allison on their quiz team efforts and rewards.

    Hugs to all of you.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Allison and Julianne!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!