Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow day

Clarence stayed home today due to the big snow and he got Julianne to try cross country skiing for the first time. By wearing a thick pair of wool socks, she was able to use Clarence's boots and skis.

She was outside for quite a while and says she only fell twice. Already, she's a better skier than I am. Really, I'm not sure what possessed me to think I needed a pair of skis way back when-I'm pretty hopeless on them.



Allison has a miserable cold so she didn't venture out with Julianne (my boots should now fit Allison-how do they grow up so fast?). Maybe in a couple days she'll feel up to trying it.


I'm not sure how much snow we've gotten already but it's still coming down steadily. I think we might be on track to end up with 10-12 inches as promised. Plenty of snow for Allison to try her hand at cross country skiing once she feels better.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Earl and I have wanted to try that for ages! If we tried it now we would probably be so sore we couldn't move! Still coming down here too, and about the same depth. I'm thinking I won't have school tomoorw either:>) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel so sorry for Allison. Having had all kinds of sickness this winter.....poor dear.

    I tried cross country skiing just once. One leg went left, the other went right, I went DOWN. That was enough. I was probably 10. Haven't been on ski's since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for Julianne! I have never done any skiing of any kind.

    We got some ice but never lost power. When it did start icing last night, I filled the tub but we didn't need it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!