Friday, January 9, 2009

Busy hands

My hands aren't very busy lately but the girls...oh, my...they've been busy.



Aunt Kathy found this book and sent it home with Clarence when he stopped at their house Monday night. The girls started drooling when they saw it. Aunt Kathy is always good for lovely surprises.



This is Julianne's first project out of the book. She realized later that she read the pattern wrong-so she doesn't really like this one.

She moved on to another pattern.



She was more successful with this pattern so, after making it in plum acrylic yarn, she switched to her small hooks and crochet thread. Allison, believe it or not, decided it was time to learn to read a crochet pattern. This was too much fun to miss out on. The blue flower is her first one.




This is Allison's second flower. She used the cockscomb pattern but since she didn't have any yellow for the center, she decided it looked a lot like a carnation. I couldn't seem to get a good picture of it.

The girls have experimented a little and are excited to show Aunt Kathy tomorrow. They chose not to let me take pictures of everything they've made so far because they want to surprise Aunt Kathy first. Stay tuned!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love, love, love them! AND I found the perfect project to use them on, I can't wait to tell you about it tomorrow:>) You are both sdo talented and I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. Is there anything they can't do? Those girls are SO amazing! I wish I was as skilled as that! I love how allison just decides to read a pattern and then is all like, Oh look I made perfect flowers! Not something I could do lol.
    ~Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!