Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Violets

I sometimes complain reminisce about the early days of our marriage.

The days when Clarence would buy me flowers, just because.



Life changed.
We bought a house. Money was tight.

We had kids. Money was tight.

I quit my job to stay home and homeschool the kids. Money was tight.

I told him not to spend the inflated-for-the-holiday-price on flowers for Valentine's Day and Sweetest Day. He heard "Don't spend money on flowers". So I don't get flowers all that often anymore.

We were walking around a garden center this weekend and Julianne spotted these violets. She called me over and I was as taken with them as she was. I told Clarence that if he wanted to buy me flowers sometime, I'd take these. I'm subtle that way.

He brought this home last night after work.

I am delighted.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!