Friday, October 30, 2009

Allison's helmet

You may remember that Clarence helped put up some hay this summer. He really enjoyed it and was able to go help on another occasion, too.




Are you wondering what that has to do with this picture?

The people who were haying have horses. They recently got a horse back from having the Amish break it for them and need to ride it every day. The wife said that she'd like someone to ride her other horse when she takes the new horse out and asked if Allison would be interested.

Interested? Are you kidding?

Finally, she found something she really wanted to spend her saved birthday and Christmas money on. Her very own riding helmet, in a lovely light purple.

We've been slow about calling them to set things up and now, unfortunately, one of the horses is injured and can't be ridden for three more weeks. Allison is trying to be patient.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Horses are wonderful friends. I LUV my horses!! Hope she can ride soon. It will be so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! Thats AMAZING!!!!! I hope she has tons of fun :). I love you guys and hope you're all doing well! I;ve been trying to comment on your posts, but for the past 2 weeks my computer won't let you comment window pop up. weird.
    xoxoxoxo
    ~Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very awesome! I know it will be worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great is that smile...i'll be waiting for pictures of her on the horse!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun!

    She could ride here! Oh, I hope the horse gets better soon! It is so hard to wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!