Saturday, February 7, 2009

A visit with Aunt Sharon

We spent Thursday of our vacation visiting Aunt Sharon.

Julianne decided to make an orchid for her. It was a little more complicated than most of the other flowers she has tried but I thought it turned out beautifully.



Aunt Sharon lives near the Gulf so we piled in the van and headed for the beach. It wasn't quite beach weather, so we had the place almost to ourselves.



That was fine with our shell hunters.



They didn't want to look up for a picture, though I did finally get Allison to show me a shell while I clicked.



I'm not sure what Allison was trying to do here. She set her flip-flops down in the water and then seemed a bit surprised when the waves started washing them away. She was able to quickly retrieve both of them, thankfully. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to take her to the fantastic restaurant where we had lunch with Aunt Sharon.

We enjoyed our visit, as we always do. Unfortunately, we were a week too early to see our cousins and baby Nicky. They are visiting Aunt Sharon (Grandma, that is) this week. There were six-month pics of Nicky in our held mail when we arrived home, so that will have to suffice for now.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is what we love to do when we visit Grammy in Florida! We have had bags and bags of shells!

    I forgot if you mentioned if you were on the Atlantic side or the Gulf side? I have never been to the Gulf side but maybe this year we can fit a trip in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!