Thursday, July 31, 2008

Berry picking time

It's blueberry season!

Although we have planted a few blueberry plants, we haven't had much luck with them. So, we girls headed over to the blueberry farm this morning to pick our berries. They were nice and big this year.
I snapped this one just as Julianne started eating one. Gotta make sure they're sweet, ya know.
Here's our morning's work. We picked 29# in about 2 1/2 hours. We've had better picking conditions in the past but we've also had much worse. It probably would have gone faster if I hadn't seen so many people I knew and visited with them. We saw a girl and her mom who used to go to the library story time with us, a former co-worker of mine and her husband, a customer from my working days, and my old dental hygenist. Most of these people don't live close to the blueberry farm but there aren't too many places to choose from so they make the drive.
We forgot sunscreen so we may be very sorry we were out so long by tonight. But we will sure enjoy our blueberries all winter!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I hope you girls save some of the really big ones for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your helpers are very efficient! Happy birthday, Sister.

    EM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!