Friday, October 10, 2008

Baby blanket

There's a baby shower at church next weekend and I decided to make a blanket and some burp cloths to give them.

I don't know the parents at all. The grandparents have gone to our church for a few years but their daughter (the new mom) only recently started attending.



They seem to have a Pooh theme so I chose this fleece. I love the soft pastel colors and the patchwork look it has.

My plan was for Julianne to crochet a pretty edge around the fleece but we discovered that it is too hard for her to get the crochet hook through the fleece. I always seem to need a Plan B, don't I? So, today I backed it with a solid color and hemmed it. Not as pretty, but it is for a boy so I suppose that's better anyway.

I bought some Pooh flannel for burp cloths and then later found cotton fabric that matches the fleece. I haven't decided if I'm going to give them burp cloths with both fabrics or just use the matching cotton. Decisions, decisions.

For a seemingly simple project, this blanket gave me a lot of grief to assemble. I have enough to make a second blanket, and planned to give them two, but am not sure I'm up for the frustration of doing another right now. Maybe I'll try it again once I'm done with the burp cloths.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That is really, really cute. And so thoughtful to make a handmade gift for someone you don't know very well. Sorry about the frustration, but they will love it! And matching burp cloths! I always used a ton of burp cloths with my babies! I love the cloth diaper ones because they absorb very well and didn't leave my shoulder wet and yucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!