Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Can you identify it?

This is another Shipshewana purchase.

Do you know what it is?



I don't either.
Actually, I know what it is for, and how to use it, but I have no idea what it is called.

I think I'll probably call it "that pear thing" or something equally profound.



Here is Clarence giving a demo on how to use it.



I did it the opposite way. I took out the stem first, then the seeds.

I wasn't particulary anxious to try this tool. I figured my paring knife was adequate for the job. And it is adequate. This pear thing, though, actually allowed me to go faster and waste less of the fruit than I do when I use the paring knife.

Plus, to use my knife, I always have to quarter the pear. Another extra step that doesn't seem like a big deal but does have an impact when you are doing any quantity of pears.

I was surprised at how much I liked using this.We'll probably be buying another one the next time we go to Shipshewana so we can have a "his and hers".
Too bad they don't come in pink.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!