Friday, September 5, 2008

Crafty crocheting

I can't crochet.

I can't knit.

Whew, now I feel better, getting that off my chest.

Clarence and the girls all crochet. The girls knit, too.

A few minutes ago, Julianne showed me this little cupcake she crocheted. Without a pattern.
I'm very impressed.

Since it's a slow news day around here, I decided to take a picture of it and post it here. Then I got thinking about the tote bags that Clarence has crocheted out of store bags. I had to take a picture of my tote bag next.

Clarence has made several large totes over the last few years. His mom taught him to crochet as a kid, then, a few years ago, taught him how to turn the plastic bags into "yarn" and make things with it.
I'm very impressed.

Although I thought his bags were cool, they weren't all very pretty. He made this bag to order, just for me. I asked if he could put hearts on it and he figured out a pattern for them (using one of my cookie cutters). I love it and have carried it for several years now. It holds a ton!

Am I going to learn to crochet or knit? Are you kidding?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Juju! If you make me some more of those in pretty, soft candy colors I'll put them in my etsy shop for you! Need advice on colors? Call me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!