Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More Purdy house pictures

I thought I'd add a few more pictures today of the inside of the Purdy House.




These top two pictures are both of the dining room. I really like the wallpaper and, although I am not a painted-trim-person, I like the green trim, too.

Believe it or not, we have a similar set of French doors in our house. We don't have a cool old house like this, but the previous owners salvaged the doors from the local library and installed them in our 1973ish house. Just a weird little fact I thought I'd throw in there. I'm sure you'll all sleep better tonight knowing that, right?



This is yet another bedroom (obviously-I guess you don't really need my commentary on all these, do you?). I liked the wallpaper in here, too.



Here is the "front" room. Love, love, love the fireplace wall. Love the windows. Love the glass-door bookshelves. Love the fireplace. Did I mention I love this wall?



I had to include it, even though it's a lousy photo. Sorry about that.

There was an even bigger reed organ in here and those dining room French doors lead into this room.

This was the end of the tour. As we stepped out onto the front porch, they had some ladies spinning wool into yarn. I really was surprised at the variety of things that were going on all over the grounds. I think we'll look forward to going back next year and staying longer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!