Saturday, August 30, 2008

Baby shower gift

Kathy is planning to post about the shower she threw for our cousins and their precious miracle baby. It was a great party, with most of the family there. We always have such a nice time when we're together.

As part of our gift to them, I made some burp cloths out of diapers. I bought a dozen, but ended up only making four burp cloths. I wanted to make each one different and kinda ran out of ideas after making four-so I guess I'll make more some other time. They weren't hard to make, but were a little time consuming. Mostly because I've had my sewing machine for a year and haven't used the programming feature enough in that time to remember what to do without trial and error.

I put strips of flannel on three of the four, then squares of the flannel on the fourth one. For the two above, I stitched (meaning I programmed my sewing machine to stitch) the baby's name and initials.

For these two, I used the only boyish design my machine had. I've got hearts, scallops, apples, bunnies, and several flower designs. But for boys, just the trucks. I suppose designs to stitch on boys' clothing are not much in demand. I ought to get some girly flannel and stitch up some pink ones-those flowers, hearts, and scallops would all work for a girl.

I'll probably get around to that about the time I've completely forgotten how to program my machine.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. These were the hit if the party Karen! What a wonderful idea, the personalization makes them so special. Thanks for all your help with the shower too, I couldn't have done it without you and I always know you are there for me.
    Big Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea for my new and first Grand baby!! Where do you suggest to get the best cloth diapers? (I am SIL to Creekside Cottage so she will be a Great Aunt again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birp clothes are really cute!
    I read about your blog on Creekside Cottage.
    It's nice to "met" you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea!! I have a friend who is pregnant and I wnat to send her a huge box of burpie towels, a quilt and embroidered bibs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!