Wednesday, August 20, 2008

To-do list

I've been able to get a couple things off my list. Monday, I got the girls registered for swim class and I picked up my assignment for the funeral dinner.

Yesterday, I ordered the remaining curriculum I need for the girls, I made it back for the funeral (barely), and I took care of a job at church. While at the church, my dear fil called me to tell me that the peaches came in at the Mennonite store near their house and ask how many I wanted them to pick up for me. My in-laws are so sweet-they do this for me every year. And every year I'm so thankful because I'd always be too busy to make it over there before the peaches were gone.




So now I added a bushel of peaches to my to-do list. I'm rather thankful that they need to sit and ripen for a couple days, though. We'll eat some of them fresh (Yum!) and can the rest for this winter.

They're like sunshine in a jar in the middle of winter, don't you think?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh those look so good! I think Earl and I are the only ones who like them at our house, all I know is that all those peaches I canned a few years ago sat largely untouched until I had to throw them out. A lot of work for nothing:>(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Those peaches look so yummy! I'm going to be doing some canning too.
    ~Kelli
    Ps.Thank you for your sweet comment on my giveaway post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!